Monday, April 26, 2010

Informative Speech

I did not expect to fall apart while presenting my informative speech about String Theory. When I realized I didn't have the final draft of my powerpoint, I freaked out and stuttered throughout my speech. The power point definitely held me back a lot. I probably shouldn't have panicked, but I was disappointed since I put in a lot of effort for this speech. The introduction started off well; I was still a tad nervous. As I made my way to the body of the speech, the slides I had planned to implement in the speech were not there and I stumbled. For the future, I know now that I should not panic, and that visual aids are just exactly that, aids. I shouldn't have relied on my powerpoint so heavily as I did for my speech on String Theory. Although I did make an assumption that my audience wouldn't be able to comprehend what I was saying, since String Theory is a tricky thing to discuss; I believed that the pictures from my slides would help the audience better understand the main point of my speech.
After stuttering and stumbling, I realized I wasn't helping my case at all by trying to look through my e-mail addresses for my powerpoint. So i decided to ditch the powerpoint and try to proceed with the speech. It was difficult to do, but I managed and the conclusion was far better than the body of the speech. Well, now I know that the show must go on.

I know that I could improve my delivery since I was so nervous after the mishap, but I couldn't help the feeling of anxiety after that had happened. Just as well, I realized my voice started to tremble a bit since I couldn't find my words, so I have to work on that as well. And I have to make sure my PowerPoitn program on my computer is compatible withthe school's computers before actually presenting the speech.


Overall I believe I did a horrible job trying to pick myself up, and delivering the speech. I would give myself a C-

No comments:

Post a Comment